Fatima Mercedes Maradiaga is not only a coffee producer, she is also a teacher in her community. She loves combining her two passions: education and the world of coffee. Since she was a child, she dreamt of owning her own farm. Fatima comes from a family of coffee producers and here mother was always her biggest inspiration because she enjoyed every aspect of coffee production, from the planting all the way through the milling process. In 2007, Fatima’s dream became reality and she decided to purchase her own plot of land and named her farm “La Reina” which translates to “The Queen” , which is what her husband always calls her. Her husband is also a coffee producer and they are constantly learning new techniques from each other. With help from the COMSA cooperative, Fatima has learned several techniques for organic agricultural practices to maintain the health of her land, while enhancing the quality of her coffee. Fatima says that the biggest lesson she has learned is that coffee production involves a lot of patience and you must genuinely enjoy all activities involved with the process. She maintains the vision that the farm is family heritage and they must car for it for the sake of the future generations who will take over.
FRESH ROASTED COFFEE – Why is our artisan-crafted, gourmet coffee so much better?
- Specialty Grade Beans * superior quality, premium high-end coffee beans.
- It’s Gourmet Coffee * carefully hand crafted, small-batch roasted, artisan style.
- Super Fresh * we only roast-to-order, we never pre-roast to stock as most roasters do.
- Roast Profiles * expertly developed profiles bring maximum sweetness/flavor to the cup.
- Choose Your Roast * choose from Light Roast to Italian Roast in 6 custom roast levels.
- Superior Cup * experience all the rich delicious flavor nuances this coffee has to offer.
PERSONALIZE YOUR ROAST – guide to choosing your roast level – Light to Italian Roast
- 362*F Light Roast * Our lightest roast is pulled towards end of first crack. Features full body, with an awesomely rich light roast taste. (especially good for African and most Central American beans)
- 372*F Blonde Roast * For a more developed roast, choose this Light/Medium Blonde, as it is a little sweeter, with a little less body. (a smoother & more clean tasting cup)
- 382*F Medium Roast * This Roast is pulled just past midway between first and second crack. Easily our sweetest roast level for most beans, and the delicate bean nuances are reaching their peak flavor. (especially for African and most Central American coffees)
- 392*F Medium/Dark Roast * Choose this roast for a more robust version of the 382/Medium, the delicate bean nuances are at their peak, this roast is pulled just before second crack, and just prior to entering the dark roast realm. (this is the sweetest roast level for Colombia, Guatemala, and all India & Indonesian beans.)
- 402*F Dark Roast * Robustly rich tasting, yet still nicely sweet, the delicate bean nuances are still mostly present, but the stronger bean notes are more assertively pronounced. (recommended choice for Guatemala & most Indonesian beans)
- 412*F Italian Roast * Intensely robust, and not for the faint of heart. Beans are dark and oily, delicate bean nuances have given way to intense dark roast taste. This is that bold & intense dark roast taste that has become so popular today.
ROAST PROFILES – Please keep in mind that we roast to temperature. And while each of our 6 custom roast levels has its own highly specialized roast-curve profile, ultimately reaching a specific temperature level, at a very specific time throughout the entire roast, it is of course expected that beans from different origins will respond differently to a set temperature profile, and certain beans will vary in appearance, and internal core development from our general roast level descriptions that aptly describe most beans.
RECOMMENDED ROAST – To help you understand how each bean origin and/or blend is responding during a roast, please consider our popular roast level that is listed along with each origin/blend description. This will help you to understand if any particular bean origin, or blend will respond better to lighter roast levels, or to darker roast levels for peak flavor, and with this in mind, you can more easily choose your desired roast level.
YOUR STYLE – One thing for sure with 6 custom roast levels you are sure to find a taste that you will like best! This is super cool for discovering all those wonderful flavor variations that every bean has to offer, and the so many variances of flavor nuances that are present at each different roast level.
EXHILARATING – Old boring coffee ruts are now out the window! Your new personalized style is in…. the possibilities are endless… the unique tastes that you like in your coffee are now completely up to you!
ORDER TODAY/ ROASTED TODAY – Our Colombia Supremo is gourmet roasted just for you – most orders are roasted and shipped within 24 hours – Monday-Friday (excluding holidays). We never pre-roast to stock as most roasters do. Your order will be custom roasted – it will arrive quickly – super fresh, and just the way you like it.
FRESH ROASTED COFFEE – It’s your coffee… it’s your roast…. coffee roasted your way!