SIGNATURE BLENDS – TROPICAL PARADISE – categorized as – Adventure Coffee/Summer Coffee
Tropical Paradise is an awesome fruity blend great anytime of year. Refreshing as an iced drink in a relaxing hammock or as regular hot coffee, makes a delicious latte or cappuccino. Starts out bright and citrus notes melting into a delicious blueberry apricot pie, tangy and juicy throughout. A tropical paradise of flavor.
FRESH ROASTED COFFEE – Why is our artisan-crafted, gourmet coffee so much better?
- Specialty Grade Beans * superior quality, premium high-end coffee beans.
- It’s Gourmet Coffee * carefully hand crafted, small batch roasted, artisan style.
- Super Fresh * we only roast-to-order, we never pre-roast to stock as most roasters do.
- Roast Profiles * expertly developed profiles bring maximum sweetness/ultimate complexity to the cup.
- Choose Your Roast * choose from Cinnamon Roast to Heavy French Roast in 8 custom roast levels.
- Superior Cup * experience all the delightful complexity and delicious flavor nuances this coffee has to offer.
PERSONALIZE YOUR ROAST – guide to choosing your roast level – Cinnamon to Heavy French
- 352*F Cinnamon Roast * A very lightly roasted coffee style that is dropped at beginning of first crack. Features a light aroma with a light body, the cup has an exceptionally light roast taste throughout. This style has become trendier in recent years but may be more of an acquired taste that comes over time for many people. Bean surface is dry.
- 362*F Light Roast * A more developed light roast style that is dropped towards the end of first crack. Its acidity is bright, the body is more developed, a fruity sweetness is beginning to present itself, and the cup resonates with an awesome light roast taste. This style has developed a notorious following among coffee connoisseurs of lately. Bean surface is dry.
- 372*F Blonde Roast * A balanced light/medium roast style that has become quite popular beginning in the Northeastern states in recent years. It features a bright, desirable fruit-like acidity, sweetness is more pronounced, body is good, with an overall bright, fruity, complex cup profile. Bean surface is dry.
- 382*F Medium Roast * A style that was once popular primarily in the Western states but now is found throughout the country. Sometimes called a City Roast, this is a dry coffee with no surface oils. At this roast level, the aromatics are nearing their peak, and the cup is charged with complexity. Body is developing quite nicely, the acidity is not as bright as found in the lighter roasts, easily making this our sweetest roast level for most beans. This style has become a highly favored sweetheart for many of our customers.
- 392*F Full City Roast * This style is probably still the most typical for a large percentage of coffee drinkers. It is a medium/dark roast with the bean surface being mostly dry and only a few droplets of surface oils beginning to form. At this roast level the cup remains balanced, complex, and is sweeter than can be found at the very lightest roast levels or at the very darkest roast levels. Aroma is at its peak levels, body and mouthfeel are round and full, providing an overall delicious cup with a nice pronounced finish.
- 402*F Espresso Roast * Also called Light French, this is a dark roast style that refers to the degree of roast, it is dark brown in color with an oily surface. The advantage is maximum body and texture, yet with a pleasant sweetness creating a balanced cup. Dark roast character is beginning to appear in the cup. Many coffees roast well at this level and remain complex. It is a popular choice for coffee lovers wanting that full-bodied chocolaty cup of coffee.
- 412*F Italian Roast * A style also known as French, Italian, or Turkish. It is a very dark brown oily style of coffee. Acidity is low, body is full, while there is still a sweetness present in the cup. Smoky undertones are beginning to appear in the cup. This style is quite common in the espresso culture and is that intense dark roast style that has been so prominent with many people in the coffee culture.
- 422*F Heavy French * A very dark brown style also called Dark French, Spanish, or Heavy Italian. The cup quality has changed dramatically, with burnt undertones masking remaining cup attributes. Aroma, sweetness, and body fade as the pungent smokiness dominates the cupping notes. There is a definite following for this intensely strong style of very dark roasted coffee among U.S. coffee drinkers.
ROAST PROFILES – Our expertly developed roast profiles provide maximum sweetness and complexity at each roast level. Each of our roast levels is specifically designed to represent that style of coffee. So, no matter what style you like best you can easily get it roasted exactly the way you like it with any of our coffee origins and/or blends.
RECOMMENDED ROAST – Not sure what roast level to choose? Consider trying our ‘Roast-Masters Pick’ option – with this option our roast master will choose the current most popular roast level for this kind of coffee. Our ‘Recommended Roast’ option is the point at which this bean exhibits the most complexity and flavor nuance in the cup.
YOUR STYLE – Ever get tired of your favorite roaster only offering one roast level for each kind of coffee origin and/or blend? Not so with us… here you get the luxury of choosing any of 8 unique and decidedly different roast styles for each coffee. Another thing – do you ever get tired of your favorite roaster saying fresh roasted only to find out they roast in large batches on a certain day of the week irrelevant of when your order was placed? Again, not so with us… here you will find that we truly roast-to-order. Yes, every single order is roasted exactly as ordered on the very day that the order is placed.
EXHILARATING – Don’t be stuck… throw the old boring coffee ruts out the window! Your new personalized style is in…. the possibilities are endless… all the unique coffee styles and tastes that you like in your coffee are now right at your fingertips and completely up to you! Time to spread your wings and fly!
ORDER TODAY/ ROASTED TODAY – All of our coffees are expertly gourmet roasted and artisan-crafted-to-order in small batches so that you can enjoy the ultimate coffee experience. We have a small fleet of roasters at our state-of-the-art facility and we will make every effort to roast each order the same day the order is placed. Most orders are roasted and shipped within 24 hours from Monday-Friday (excluding holidays). We never ‘pre-roast to stock’ as most roasters do. You can be sure your order will be custom roasted to your specs only after your order is placed – it will arrive quickly – super fresh – and just the way you like it!
FRESH ROASTED COFFEE – It’s your coffee… it’s your roast…. coffee roasted your way!
– CONSIDER TRYING OUR COMBO – 2 BAG COMBO DEAL – GET 1 BAG OF EACH COFFEE –
COSTA RICA – try the combo – Costa Rica/Tropical Paradise Blend
- TASTE NOTES: currant wine, blackberry, caramel and hazelnut
- Processing * Washed
- Plant Varietal * Caturra, Catuai
- Grade * Strictly Hard Bean
- Mill * Coopetarrazú
- Altitude * 1,700-1,800 MASL
- From on the the world’s premiere coffee growing regions.
Costa Rica is regarded as one of the world’s premiere coffee growing regions, thanks to its volcanic soil and ideal drainage. Costa Rican coffees are a popular choice for their awesome excellent chocolaty flavor notes and fruity undertones. Costa Rican coffees tend to run more on the expensive side as compared to some of the other Central American regions but many would say well worth the extra money. The combination of volcanic soil, high altitude plantations, and the farmers expertise produce some really special coffees.
You want the best cup of coffee and so do we. That’s why we carefully select only top-quality coffee beans with excellent high ratings at the cupping table. Rest assured our coffee beans will produce an extraordinarily great cup of coffee for you. Because quality begins at the farm, we enthusiastically encourage biodiversity, and sustainable farming practices. We buy from farmers and partners who embrace our high ideals, and who treat workers well and pay fairly. We’ve found that those who are committed to these goals, grow coffees with the finest taste and highest quality.