CENTRAL AMERICAN – HONDURAS – categorized as – Anytime Coffee
HONDURAS – the Cooperative San Antonio benefits over 1500 families through direct and indirect initiatives including development of community centers, schools, water management, reforestation projects and more. It specifically supports youth through education and scholarships for the children of the producers. This coffee is shade-grown, hand-picked, specialty-grade arabica coffee from the excellent growing region near the El Salvador border and has achieved the highest grade status of Strictly Hard Bean at farm altitudes of 1,300 to 1,600 meters.
FRESH ROASTED COFFEE – Why is our artisan-crafted, gourmet coffee so much better?
- Specialty Grade Beans * superior quality, premium high-end coffee beans.
- It’s Gourmet Coffee * carefully hand crafted, small-batch roasted, artisan style.
- Super Fresh * we only roast-to-order, we never pre-roast to stock as most roasters do.
- Roast Profiles * expertly developed profiles bring maximum sweetness/flavor to the cup.
- Choose Your Roast * choose from Light Roast to Italian Roast in 6 custom roast levels.
- Superior Cup * experience all the rich delicious flavor nuances this coffee has to offer.
PERSONALIZE YOUR ROAST – guide to choosing your roast level – Light to Italian Roast
- 362*F Light Roast * Our lightest roast is pulled towards end of first crack. Features full body, with an awesomely rich light roast taste. (especially good for African and most Central American beans)
- 372*F Blonde Roast * For a more developed roast, choose this Light/Medium Blonde, as it is a little sweeter, with a little less body. (a smoother & more clean tasting cup)
- 382*F Medium Roast * This Roast is pulled just past midway between first and second crack. Easily our sweetest roast level for most beans, and the delicate bean nuances are reaching their peak flavor. (especially for African and most Central American coffees)
- 392*F Medium/Dark Roast * Choose this roast for a more robust version of the 382/Medium, the delicate bean nuances are at their peak, this roast is pulled just before second crack, and just prior to entering the dark roast realm. (this is the sweetest roast level for Colombia, Guatemala, and all India & Indonesian beans.)
- 402*F Dark Roast * Robustly rich tasting, yet still nicely sweet, the delicate bean nuances are still mostly present, but the stronger bean notes are more assertively pronounced. (recommended choice for Guatemala & most Indonesian beans)
- 412*F Italian Roast * Intensely robust, and not for the faint of heart. Beans are dark and oily, delicate bean nuances have given way to intense dark roast taste. This is that bold & intense dark roast taste that has become so popular today.
ROAST PROFILES – Please keep in mind that we roast to temperature. And while each of our 6 custom roast levels has its own highly specialized roast-curve profile, ultimately reaching a specific temperature level, at a very specific time throughout the entire roast, it is of course expected that beans from different origins will respond differently to a set temperature profile, and certain beans will vary in appearance, and internal core development from our general roast level descriptions that aptly describe most beans.
RECOMMENDED ROAST – To help you understand how each bean origin and/or blend is responding during a roast, please consider our popular roast level that is listed along with each origin/blend description. This will help you to understand if any particular bean origin, or blend will respond better to lighter roast levels, or to darker roast levels for peak flavor, and with this in mind, you can more easily choose your desired roast level.
YOUR STYLE – One thing for sure with 6 custom roast levels you are sure to find a taste that you will like best! This is super cool for discovering all those wonderful flavor variations that every bean has to offer, and the so many variances of flavor nuances that are present at each different roast level.
EXHILARATING – Old boring coffee ruts are now out the window! Your new personalized style is in…. the possibilities are endless… the unique tastes that you like in your coffee are now completely up to you!
ORDER TODAY/ ROASTED TODAY – Our Honduran coffee is gourmet roasted just for you – most orders are roasted and shipped within 24 hours – Monday-Friday (excluding holidays). We never pre-roast to stock as most roasters do. Your order will be custom roasted – it will arrive quickly – super fresh, and just the way you like it.
FRESH ROASTED COFFEE – It’s your coffee… it’s your roast…. coffee roasted your way!
FRIENDSHIP FAIR BLEND – try the combo – Friendship Fair/Honduras
- TASTE NOTES: smooth, bright, sweet cashew with a red apple finish
- 2 – Region Trio
- South America * South America * Central America
- Ready for a party? This blend is a celebration of fantastic Honduras coffee!
La feria de la Amistad (The Friendship Fair) is all about friends getting together and having a good time. Hondurans as well as tourists come to La Ceiba for two weeks to enjoy parties held at different venues every day. Honduran people move from “barrio to barrio” or (neighborhood to neighborhood) enjoying the friendship fair.
You want the best cup of coffee and so do we. That’s why we carefully select only top-quality coffee beans with excellent high ratings at the cupping table. Rest assured our coffee beans will produce an extraordinarily great cup of coffee for you. Because quality begins at the farm, we enthusiastically encourage biodiversity, and sustainable farming practices. We buy from farmers and partners who embrace our high ideals, and who treat workers well and pay fairly. We’ve found that those who are committed to these goals, grow coffees with the finest taste and highest quality.